|(One intermediate revision by the same user not shown)|
page is meant to be as clear as possible of an overview of the information Pluralpedia collects.
This to as as possibleinformation .
We only collect information that's necessary for operating this website. Private information never leaves this website, and is never sold to third parties.
this website. to .
Children under the age of 13 in the United States, under 16 in the European Union, or affected by any similar data protection law, must not use this website. Any accounts created that are known to be violating these requirements will be terminated. It is not possible for us to enforce the requirements of these laws to provide a safe environment for children.
the of , . is to
== Access Logs ==
request information is stored in a standard <code> access.log</code> file. It contains the following information from each page request:
* IP address (example: <code>45. 33.117.122</code> is the IP address of <code>pluralpedia. org</code>)
Page URL ( example: <code>/w/Project:Privacy_policy</code>, this page)
. is .
Browser user agent (example: <code>Mozilla/5. 0 (Windows NT 10. 0; Win64; x64; rv:84. 0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84. 0</code>, Firefox 84 for Windows 10)
* . .
Examples are generic, not specific to the reader of this page. More information about this can be found on Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Log_Format.
'''This information is never shared''', and will only be used for the following purposes:
information is and :
Debugging errors that occur during operation of the website.
Creating anonymized/aggregated statistics, such as page view counts, or information on how popular certain web browsers are.
of the .
Preventing abuse of the website, such as by IP-banning malicious users and bots.
== Information You Provide ==
When you on the ,
sign up for an account on the website, we collect:
* Your username, which is publicly visible.
* (optional) Your email address, which is never shared with anyone.
is is , , of the .
* Your password, which is never shown to anyone, not even the operators of the website.
Your email address is only used for:
Password reset emails.
* , other to .
* If you opt into it, [[Special:EmailUser]] allows other users to send you email via a form. They will only find out your email address if you reply to their email.
* that you.
Notification emails that you opt into.
Important notifications regarding the website.
Information You Contribute ==
All text and files that you upload are publicly visible. By contributing this content, you agree to the terms of the [https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0)] license.
, to the of the .
, but is not limited to:
Pages on the wiki.
* User pages.
* Talk pages.
* Uploaded files.
This document tries to explain, in as plain language as possible, how Pluralpedia uses information that is collected from or provided by you.
Children under the age of 13 in the United States, under 16 in the European Union, or affected by any similar data protection law, must not use this website. Any accounts created that are known to be violating these requirements will be terminated.
Information We Collect
When you visit Pluralpedia, some information is stored for the purposes of anonymous statistics, like creating graphs of daily visitor counts. This information is inherently sent by your device to every website you visit, and includes:
- IP address (example:
18.104.22.168 is the IP address of
- Page URL (example:
- Browser and device make/model, aka the user agent string (example:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0, Firefox 84 for Windows 10)
- The current date and time
Information You Provide
When you sign up for an account on Pluralpedia, you provide some information to us. This information is used to manage your account.
- Your preferred name / display name. (optional) This is displayed publicly.
- A username. This is displayed publicly.
- Your email address. This is kept private.
- A password, which is never stored in plain text and is kept private.
The email address you provide will only be used for account-related purposes, such as confirming your email address, or resetting your password.
When you edit or create a page on Pluralpedia, information about your edit is saved and displayed publicly. This includes:
- The time the edit was made.
- The contents of the edit, and what was changed from the previous revision.
- Your username.
- An edit reason. (optional)
When you edit or create a page on Pluralpedia, you agree that the content you contributed can be used under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license. This gives us permission to publicly display these contributions, and for others to edit them as well.
Corrections & Removals
If any information about you is present on the website in a way that is not correctable by you, or that you wish deleted, please contact one of the site's administrators.
Note that for information that is public on the wiki, removal cannot be guaranteed. Requests that are likely to succeed include:
- Removing personally identifiable information about yourself - such as name, address, age, or other information that is not intended to be public.
- Removing terms that were coined by you, that are not in widespread use, and do not have multiple independent coiners.
- Hiding old revisions of a page with incorrect or outdated information about you, such as a deadname.
Pluralpedia will never sell your personal information, or share it for any reason other than one necessary to the operation of the website.
Data is shared with some third parties as necessary to the operation of the website. This currently includes:
- Linode, which hosts our servers.