This page is meant to be as clear as possible of an overview of the information Pluralpedia collects.
We only collect information that's necessary for operating this website. Private information never leaves this website, and is never sold to third parties.
Page request information is stored in a standard
access.log file. It contains the following information from each page request:
- IP address (example:
126.96.36.199is the IP address of
- Page URL (example:
/w/Project:Privacy_policy, this page)
- Browser user agent (example:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:84.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/84.0, Firefox 84 for Windows 10)
Examples are generic, not specific to the reader of this page. More information about this can be found on Wikipedia at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Log_Format.
This information is never shared, and will only be used for the following purposes:
- Debugging errors that occur during operation of the website.
- Creating anonymized/aggregated statistics, such as page view counts, or information on how popular certain web browsers are.
- Preventing abuse of the website, such as by IP-banning malicious users and bots.
Information You Provide
When you sign up for an account on the website, we collect:
- Your username, which is publicly visible.
- (optional) Your email address, which is never shared with anyone.
- Your password, which is never shown to anyone, not even the operators of the website.
Your email address is only used for:
- Password reset emails.
- If you opt into it, Special:EmailUser allows other users to send you email via a form. They will only find out your email address if you reply to their email.
- Notification emails that you opt into.
- Important notifications regarding the website.
Information You Contribute
All text and files that you upload are publicly visible. By contributing this content, you agree to the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported (CC BY-SA 3.0) license.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Pages on the wiki.
- User pages.
- Talk pages.
- Uploaded files.