|walk-in (n., v.)|
|Applies to||headmates, system functions|
Walk-in is a word that has different meanings in different system communities.
A common definition refers to a headmate who comes from elsewhere in the inner world or another world other than shared reality. This phenomenon or manifestation most commonly occurs within gateway systems, or similar types.
The term may also be used in tulpamancy or thoughtforms to describe a tulpa that was not created by the host and appear fully formed. There are many different explanations for why this can occur among tulpamancers and some don't consider them tulpas at all.
There is also a new-age concept of a walk-in that involves a soul replacing the preexisting one, though this is not always considered a plural experience. The term is also used by some therians and kin to explain their identity.
Related Terms[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- ↑ https://spicetea.weebly.com/walk-ins-soulbonds-fictives.html
- ↑ https://tulpa.io/terminologies#walk-in
- ↑ https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walk-in_(concept)
- ↑ https://www.therian-guide.com/index.php/5-spiritual
- ↑ https://web.archive.org/web/20150120175322/http://project-shift.org/otherkin-therian-theories-of-cause-or-origin/